Monday 4 January 2016

The Victorious and The Vanquished (1)




So after going through my most anticipated releases of 2016 and adding them to a Goodreads shelf, I discovered that my current TBR is 988 books!! 988…. I mean that number is ridiculous. Especially when on average I only read about 50 books per year, and on average I’m adding approximately 110 new books onto the list per annum. My TBR’s exponential growth is getting a little daunting. So I decided for the New Year I would start a new feature.

Using a random number generator to generate numbers which correlate to my TBR pile on Goodreads. I locate the book with that number and then contemplated whether the book still holds my interest after all this time….if not…So long and farewell. 

Each month I will be posting a culling with 'The Victorious' -those books who live to see another day and 'The Vanquished'- those which no longer hold the same interest they once did. A link will be added if people wish to follow suit and do some culling of their own.



Victorious

The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) The Truth About Forever


Vanquished

Caged in Darkness (Caged, #1) Cracked Up to Be

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea, I think I'm going to join in! My tbr pile is freakin huge!!! So much so I don't want to show my number. It's scary how large it is. Thanks for sharing this post and letting us join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...