Tuesday 5 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday (20)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the amazing Broke And The Bookish.


Top Books I Will Probably Never Read


So these books are pretty low on my TBR, I may read them some day but for one reason or another their not my highest priority. I've also included a few series which I will probably not continue with.


Fallen (Fallen, #1) Halo (Halo, #1)Of Poseidon (The Syrena Legacy, #1)
So these first ones are all series that I will probably never continue reading (They're all so pretty though!). I read Of Poseidon a little while ago and wasn’t a huge fan. It was Ok, and at the time of finishing I was keen to continue on with the rest in the series. But as time has passed I’ve discovered so many more other books I would rather read.  Fallen and Halo both fall into similar categories. I will almost definitely not be reading the rest of both series. I really was not a fan of the either books. Plus I prefer my angels a little bit more rugged, like Raffe in Angelfall (Yum!).
Les MisérablesRoom
I would like to read Les Miserables  at some point in my life, but the reality of it is that the sheer volume of this book brings on anxiety. It’s just not one that I think I’m going to be reading any time soon, if ever. 
As for Room, I have seen this book multiple times and every time I see it at a store I always pick it up and read the cover. I’m really torn because a part of me really wants to read this, but at the same time I just don’t think I could put myself through that emotional exhaustion. 

Chosen (House of Night #3)Pet SemataryI’ve heard mixed things about the House of Night series. I feel like the number of books in this series is a bit too much of an investment for me. Plus I’m kind of over the whole vampire hype, this might have been one I read in high-school. But it’s probably not for me anymore.

I feel I have mentioned a few times that I’m a big wuss when it comes to scary things. I respect Stehen King as a writer, but there is no way I will be reading one of his horror novels anytime soon.
 

What books will you probably never read? or if there's a book on this list you really enjoyed let me know :)


17 comments:

  1. I'm neeever eeeever going to read The House of Night series. NOPE. I read the novellas and they were horrible enough for me for a lifetime of bookworm torture. >_< Fallen is on my list too. JUST NOPE.
    Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sentiments exactly. I feel like both series I may have been able to get into when I was younger. But I've come to the realization that there are so many great books out there, and my TBR list is WAY too long to be bothered with mediocre reading.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. HoN I read unil book ten but I just stopped because it was getting very long.
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've heard that the series is quite long and seems to just keep having more books added to it. I have trouble finishing trilogies haha, so I don't think this series would be for me.

      Delete
  3. Great list. I liked Room and Pet Sematary, but I love intense books, so that’s not surprising. :)

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like intense books on the odd occasion, but I usually have to work myself up to them. I think those two will be on my "I'll get there some day" list.
      Thanks for stopping by:)

      Delete
  4. I've had Les Miserable on my shelf forever...I really want to read it but it is just so large! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, Les Meiserable also sits on my shelf gathering a large amount of dust. I just can't muster the ability to give it away though....I still want to read it one day, but 1463 pages is a big commitment haha

      Delete
  5. Diverse list of books this week!! Here's my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-will.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by:)
      I'll be sure to check out your post this week!

      Delete
  6. I started the Fallen series but stopped, not really sure why.

    I've heard a lot of good opinions about Stephen King books but I'm not sure I would like them :')

    Interesting selection! Hope you're having a great day! Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :)
      Stephen King is one of those writers I have a morbid fascination with. His stories, I've been told are very good but like you I just don't know if I would like them....or be able to sleep after them haha.

      Delete
  7. I read Fallen and it was okay at BEST but the series goes downhill from here. I wouldn't invest the time in reading it which is a shame because I totally agree that its cover is beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sherry@theBloggityBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that it goes rather south. It's one of the main things that kind of put me off, plus the first one just wasn't enough to encourage me to keep going with the others.
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  8. Room is exhausting, but it's well worth it.

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know it's worth it :) I've been in two minds whether to read it for a long time. I think once I get the courage I'll probably give it a go .

      Delete
  9. I don't think I'll ever read Les Mis. I saw the movie and that was enough!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/05/top-ten-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...