Saturday 4 April 2015

February Wrap-Up



I must say March was a pretty terrible reading month for me. I only read one of the books on my TBR and overall I was just in a bit of a book slump. However I think I'm over that for now and I'm pretty excited for some of the books planned for April (Wow Ican't believe it's April already, that's insane). I also didn't get to post as much due to work commitments. So one of my goals this month is to be a bit more organized with getting posts scheduled. Overall I read only 2 books and 2 graphic novels and they were all a mix of ratings.


Finished


Saga, Volume 4 (Saga #19-24)Serenity: Those Left Behind (Serenity, #1)Biggest Flirts (Superlatives, #1)Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1)
  
Of course with 5 stars was Saga Volume #4, this series just keeps getting better and better and the ending of this one was a bit of a cliffhanger. Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews was a 4 star read. It got me out of my book slump and filled my need for a good Adult urban fantasy. Unfortunately the Serenity Graphic novel (based on the sci-fi TV series Firefly) was only a 3 for me. Something about it was just missing for me, but I think i'll continue on to see if they get better. Biggest Flirts was my biggest let down of the month with only 2 stars, the story and writing weren't all that bad, but I had issues with the main character which I just couldn't get past.

Up Next In March 


Since I've been blessed with having Easter off, I'm going to try and do a bit of a mini read-a-thon, to get a head start on the month. This month I'm super excited for the books I've got, firstly Mosquitoland which I've just started and am really enjoying. I've also planned to read the Walking Dead Volume #1. In addition to this I'm also wanting to read Cross-stitch by Diana Gabaldon, the first Outlander book over the next month or so, however it's 850 pages long so we'll see how long it takes me. 


MosquitolandThe Walking Dead, Book OneCross Stitch (Outlander, #1)

   

What books did You read in the Month of March?  Which was your favorite? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...