Friday 2 January 2015

2014; A Year in Review


So 2015 is upon us, and boy did last year go quickly. In my personal life I feel like I accomplished so much last year that I can be proud of. I finished my diploma in Veterinary Nursing, I traveled to a third world country and volunteered with animals, and I managed to get a temporary job for a couple of months at a veterinary clinic. However because my year was so hectic, I feel I really dropped the ball blogging wise and even reading wise. The year started out ok, but by April I just wasn't able to keep up with the work this blog required, along with school and a part-time job. 

However it is a new year, and blogging is just something that I miss having in my life. Despite not blogging for most of last year, I did think about it often and after finishing a book I wanted to share my thoughts about, I was often motivated to write a review, but just lacked the time. So this year one of my biggest goals is to try and get back into blogging, even if that means just posting once a week, 

2014 Statistics


Number of Books Read:43

Not as many as I had hoped for but still a decent effort.

Longest and Shortest Book Read

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)Saga, Volume 2 (Saga #7-12)

Top 5 of 2014

All of these were super awesome, whether it was the world building, the characters or just the story, they all blew my socks off. .

Saga, Volume 1 (Saga #1-6)PremeditatedHopeless (Hopeless, #1)

This Song Will Save Your LifePerfect Ruin (Internment Chronicles, #1)

Series Finished in 2014

My goal had been to finish off more series this year, and I had even joined a specific challenge for it. Hopefully this year I'll get around to crossing off a few more.


Guardian (Proxy, #2)Spell Bound (Hex Hall, #3)

Saga, Volume 1 (Saga #1-6)Anatomy of a Boyfriend (Anatomy, #1)

DNF Book 

This book just really wasn't for me..

Favourite Couple

Alana and Marko are the cutest!



2015 Goals


AroundTheWorld2015So this year my goal is to read at least 30 books, although I'm likely to increase it as the year goes on. I'm going to be participating again in the A-Z challenge- which last year I managed to read 13/26 of (Hoping to get all 26 this year), and also aiming to finish 5 series (not sure which ones yet, but I have a giant list to choose from :P).

I'll also be joining in the 'Around the World ' challenge hosted by All About Books. Where you create a google map and place pins on the various countries that reading takes you. If you want to find out more about it click here.

Most of all I just want to get back into blogging, and writing reviews again, since I've missed it so much in the last couple months. 





So what were your achievements in 2014, reading or otherwise? and what is your main goal for 2015? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...