Wednesday 5 February 2014

Waiting On Wednesday (4)


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine! that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:

Since You've Been Gone

(Morgan Matson)
Expected publication: May 6th 2014

18189606
The Pre-Sloane Emily didn't go to parties, she barely talked to guys, she didn't do anything crazy. Enter Sloane, social tornado and the best kind of best friend—the one who yanks you out of your shell.But right before what should have been an epic summer, Sloane just... disappears. No note. No calls. No texts. No Sloane. There’s just a random to-do list. On it, thirteen Sloane-selected-definitely-bizarre-tasks that Emily would never try... unless they could lead back to her best friend. Apple Picking at Night? Ok, easy enough.Dance until Dawn? Sure. Why not? Kiss a Stranger? Wait... what?

Getting through Sloane’s list would mean a lot of firsts. But Emily has this whole unexpected summer ahead of her, and the help of Frank Porter (totally unexpected) to check things off. Who knows what she’ll find?

Go Skinny Dipping? Um..

- Goodreads.com






Why I'm Waiting for it:


I love books that involve lists of things the main protagonist has to do, and this just sounds like a great summer read. I've heard lots of good things about Morgan Matson, so I can't wait for this book!

What book are you waiting for this week?

21 comments:

  1. I'm definitely excited for this one, too! It looks like such a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great read. I'll have to put it on my TBR list.
    My WoW
    Jess @ Jess Time To Read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't wait till I can get my hands on it :)
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Great pick! I can't wait to read it. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really looking forward to this too! It sounds like such a cute summer read. And I really enjoyed Amy & Roger's Epic Detour too (: Great pick, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW at Book Munchies (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read 'Amy and Rogers Epic detour' yet, I got it for Christmas and I keep meaning to pick it up, but always get sidetracked by other books. I hear so many good things about it though. I'll be sure to check out your WOW :)

      Delete
  5. This sounds like a ton of fun. I haven't read Morgan's other book but it's on my TBR. Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW Pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ashamed to say I haven't read any of the authors other books either, but I always here good things about them. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  6. It's not usually the type of book I'd go for, but I've been reading a few like it recently, so definitely can't wait to read it. :) Great pick!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been reading quite a few contemporaries lately too, it must be because it's summer where I'm from haha

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a fun read :) adding to my want to read list :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I saw this a while ago and really wanted to read it, I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this one. Thanks for sharing :) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree this book sounds like an awesome summer read! I also love books that have a list of things the protag has to do! Everytime I see this one, I get "Since you been gone" by Kelly Clarkson stuck in my head! LOL! Great pick, Ellie! Hope you're having an awesome week! :)

    xo, Becca
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I also get that song stuck in my head! Such an oldie but a goodie :P

      Delete
    2. Haha, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I love that song!! :)

      Delete
  10. I'm excited for this one, too. You said you've heard great things about Morgan Matson and if you haven't read Amy and Roger's Epid Detour I definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got Amy and Rogers Epic Detour for Christmas last year, and its sitting on my shelf, just begging to be read. It's definitely one I plan on reading during the summer :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...